Sin is everywhere, even in your home. Although I'm not a minister, I'm here to help you avoid a few deadly decorating sins!
1. An abundance of beige: Does looking at beige make your heart flutter? Put a grin on your face? Time to add some style and pop! Color makes us happy!
2. Shoving all he furniture against the wall: This is a common one. It a natural urge. Fight it. Try bringing the furniture into a conversation area.
3. Bad Lighting: The majority of home we are in are too dark. Vary your lighting in each room, by adding dimmers or pendant lights.
4. Ignoring the foyer: Many of us come in through the garage and never pay attention to the foyer, until a guest comes to the door. Mom was right, first impressions are lasting impressions. Give this area time, attention and style!
5. Matchy Matchy: Not everything needs to match. If you find something you love, use it! It will add interest to your home. Rugs, curtains, sofa's do not all need to be matching! Throw some zebra stripes in there if you love it!
6. Hoarding: Have a collection? Know how much is too much!
Staley Transformations, Not So General Contracting.